The Origin of Consciousness
A Kurzgesagt video about what I consider to be one of the greatest mysteries in science. This clip looks into what brings consciousness and some moral dilemmas when considering conscious robots.
Do human rights come from our ability for experiencing suffering?
If robots don’t feel pain, is it ok to “mistreat” them?
Should humans program robots to feel pain?
Kurzgesagt has a few other interesting videos about
existential dread the nature of life and reality:
- What Is Life? Is Death Real?
- What Are You?
- Do Robots Deserve Rights? What if Machines Become Conscious?
- The Rise of the Machines – Why Automation is Different this Time
- Is Reality Real? The Simulation Argument
- Emergence – How Stupid Things Become Smart Together
- The Origin of Consciousness – How Unaware Things Became Aware