TIL about Tom Sachs
Here is Tom Sachs according to ChatGPT:
Tom Sachs is an artist known for his humorous, irreverent approach to art-making. His work often involves re-creating everyday objects using unconventional materials, such as cardboard and duct tape. He has also been known to parody well-known brands and products in his art, adding a playful twist to familiar objects. In short, Tom Sachs is a mischief-maker and a master of turning trash into treasure.
What I found:
- Tom Sachs: The Handyman of High Art
- NikeCraft: General Purpose Shoe (Studio)
- I have a thing for iconic pieces. These pairs of sneakers, with their low price and unpretentious appearance, are perfect.
- Sachs coined the phrase “Always be Knolling,” and is considered to have popularized the trend.
- Why didn’t I know about Tom Sacks before today?
: Ok, I’ll confess, my favorite piece of Mondrian is actually Victory Boogie Woogie. Among other things for being his last and incomplete work.